How to Use the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop?
Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop - If you want to edit any type of photo in Photoshop in a good way, then it is very important for you to use the selection tool in Photoshop first. The selection tool is used a lot while editing photos, that's why many types of selection tools have been given in Photoshop. And all the selection tools work in different ways and in different situations.
As I told you earlier, Photoshop Magic Wand Tool is used for photo selection, if you have selected the photo. Whether it is Photoshop Magic Wand Tool or Lasso Tool, then you can work only on that selected area. Like to fill color or apply any effect, copying or deleting.
In this post, I will tell you about all the types of Magic Wand Tool, what is their work, how can they use it, I will tell you all these things in this post today. So first you click on the Photoshop Magic Wand Tool. This will select the By default Rectangular Magic Wand Tool. And as soon as the tool is selected, the options of the property bar above will be enabled.
First of all, in this, I will tell you options 1,2,3,4 and options work the same on all selection tools, whether it is the marquee, lasso, or magic tool.
- This is the option of “New Selection” as if you have selected the photo as rectangular, if you click on the photo again, then the selection which was selected earlier will be removed and a new selection will be made.
- This is "Add To Selection" if you have selected the photo from anywhere, then you want it to be selected and add more to it, then first click on this option, then you can select as many times as you want.
- This is "Subtract From Selection". If you have selected more by mistake, you want to remove something in it, then by clicking on this option, from where you want to remove the selection, it will be removed.
- This is “Intersect With Selection”, adding and subtracting is done, but with this option, you will both work, like you selected the photo, now you have to select the middle of them, then by clicking on this option, you can select the middle part of them.
How to Use the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop
When you click on the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop you will see 2 tools
1. Quick Selection Tool
Quick Selection Tool is used to selecting any part of the photo very quickly. If an object is visible completely differently in your photo, then you can select it very quickly using this tool. This tool can be easily used on a photo where only two or three objects are visible.
If there are too many objects in your photo, then you will not be able to use this tool very well, then instead you will have to use the second tool given below.
2. Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop
As we all know, this tool works depending on the colors, if there are different colors in your photo and you want to select any one color, then you can use this tool and click on that place. You have to select the photo.
While using this tool, you can also change its setting. To change the setting, you have been given an option in the property bar above in Photoshop. From where you can increase or decrease the tolerance of its working.
Also Read: How to Use Lasso Tool in Photoshop
Reducing tolerance means that if any color in your photo is similar to each other and you want to select only one color in them, then you have to reduce the tolerance of this tool here. So that it will recognize even the lightest color of the photo.
So in this way you can use these tools, but the more you use this tool, the more you will learn about it and the more practice you do on Photoshop, the better photo editing you will be able to do.
Keep practicing and if you want to become an expert in photoshop then you should learn an adobe photoshop course near me from Graphic Designing Institute and become a professional and understand Photoshop better and see all the related posts on our website, if you find this information beneficial, then share it with others.